Thursday, June 18, 2009

Borsari.....How Do I Love You?

Let me count the ways....

I love you on grilled, roasted and stir fried veggies. I love you in my homemade sauce. I love you in salads. I love to use you as a rub on pork, chicken and beef. (I imagine you would add the perfect touch to fish.)
















This combination of spices is a "must have". If you don't have a jar of Borsari in your spice cabinet (mine never makes it that far, it's on the counter at all times) then run, don't walk to your nearest grocer. It's the ideal spice. Enhancing, without overwhelming, the earthy goodness of all of the locally grown produce and meat you'll be eating.

I'll be honest, I've never ventured from the original flavor - it's kind of a "why mess with perfection" sort of thing. However, a colleague brought me some samples of the citrus and ginger flavors today. Oh yeah, if you're at all skeptical about making this investment, ask your local grocer if they have samples (you'll likely find them in the meat or fish department).

As an added perk to my love affair with Borsari....I discovered last night that it is produced by a former "neighbor" (I use the term loosely. He lived on the other end of the road I grew up on.) You can read all about it here.

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jules!

    That is one spice I actually do not have! I'm adding it to the shopping list right now.

    Sheri

    ReplyDelete